Sunday, July 14, 2013

Suitcase Thoughts

     I fold a t-shirt. 
          Wrap an American gift for my host family. 
                Tie on neon yellow suitcase tags.
                        Give hugs.
                              Figure out stupid suitcase locks. 
                              
     As I sit here in a pile of rumpled clothes waiting to be folded and packed in my now empty suitcase for my departure tomorrow, I decided to take a moment to prepare myself for the incredible experience to come. I want to also thank everyone in the states who has supported my choice to pursue the YES-Abroad exchange because those of you who have supported me are those of you who have also made this happen. Your kind words and confidence in my success alone could make me feel like I'm on top of the world. 
     As I journey to a new home, where I will make a new family, new friends, try new foods, and expand my heart and mind to new culture, my friends and family in the United States of America will always be with me in spirit, giving me their encouragement and beautiful blessings.
      A huge I love you and thank you to my American family and friends, and although my private messages, emails, texts, Skype calls etc., will be very limited in an effort to make the most of my journey, your support and kind words will always be on my mind. While I realize social networking is a great innovation to allow connection across the world, I will be online and available to chat very little in order to totally immerse myself in Malaysian culture. I will keep in touch as much as I can, but please understand my personal goal and the goal of the YES program is cultural immersion, which can only be achieved by limited interaction with loved ones back home. However, I will try my best to update my blog weekly or monthly and send emails letting everyone know how I am. 

   
    
Thank you all so much for everything you've done in support of me and the YES program.. I love you. 


Sincerely,
Kaley 


4 comments:

Any comments or Questions? Feel free to ask here!