Saturday, June 29, 2013

And Now? We wait.

15 Days. 
15.

That's one less than 16 and one more than 14.

That's also how long it is until I leave.

15.


And I have never felt such a suspenseful, building anxiousness and excitement in my life. As I continue to prepare myself for the astounding, intense months ahead, I also find myself just ready for my exchange to happen. I feel aso though I have come to a point in the process of preparation where I realize there is only so much you can prepare for, and the rest one has to just allow to fall into its natural place. Mistakes in such a brilliantly new setting are inevitable and I feel as an exchange student, being able to realize this is vital to the process.

So, what comes now and the next 15 days of my life; now that I've accomplished my AFS in-home interview, local pre-departure orientation, and national pre-departure orientation? Now that I feel so prepared I could dive into the culture confidently, willing to make the silly mistakes? Now that I could die from the anticipation of finding out my host family?


Now?


We wait.


-Kaley






No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments or Questions? Feel free to ask here!